I’ve been thinking some more about how to use the Magnet as a practice tool and think we need apps to accomplish a workflow like this:
- Scan a barcode on the PC to link phone with computer
- Configure desired amount of slowdown, fps etc on the PC.
- The app running on the Magnet-mounted phone detects a change in sound levels and starts recording as you tear it up
- The sound levels drop and recording stops. Post-processing according to the rules from 1) are applied and the snippet uploaded to the PC.
- Playback starts automatically on the big screen
The idea here is that each snippet should be a few seconds long only, that way it can be instantly processed and uploaded for playback and the feedback loop is tightened.
Two apps would be required here, one that runs on the PC (most likely in the browser) and one that runs on the phone.
Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else? Anyone interested in pitching in?
I write software for a living, but I haven’t done anything in this space beyond messing around, and even that was a few years ago.