Favorite solos, on any instrument

If you are going to use it with hardly any muscles flexing that is different. But most guitar players will flex up pretty severely while using it. Even in the turn key rotation, a la gypsy jazz rest stroke, when they always switch strings to down strokes this move requires you to lift the entire hand up or down via the elbow. But this isn’t a move that requires you to flex your muscles to the max to do anything aggressive.

Me too, Metallica got some great songs, but megadeth to me has got lots of great songs, and high level guitar playing.

On that song I love this vocal too, it just flows really well and is meaningful.

“Did you ever think I’d get lonely?
Did you ever think that I needed love?
Did you ever think, stop thinking.
You’re the only one that I’m thinking of”

1 Like

Fun fact, that song, “Loved to Deth”, “Wake Up Dead”, “Tornado of Souls”, and “Trust” were all inspired by the same woman. She’s gotta go down as the best muse in metal history.

1 Like

Is that daves ex? idk I could write a few about one of mine. Some girls never leave your mind, true love, even if it ended.

Would you guys class vocals as a solo?

A lot of rap has great stuff, tho I don’t listen to it really besides whats been put into pop music.

Only if at the time there are no vocal harmonies!

:grin:

1 Like

So Shatner is a hardcore soloist? :grin:

1 Like

no joke man I love this

Spoken word is a solo in my eyes. I think even more than instrumental stuff, as you acually understand the concepts. And the speaker is far more open to judgment than musical notes. I think there is a beauty in that. Just like an Instrumental. But it’s way more vulnerable. Vocals have an actual human behind them. Musical notes do too ofcourse, but not as direct. I’ve had to sing on stage a few times, and felt really vulnerable, it’s really intimate and intimidating.

Man…

ah soo good