Free live workshops with Andy Wood - this week at the Cracking the Code Studio!

Extra, extra! We’ve got some awesome free live workshops with Andy Wood coming up tomorrow and Thursday. Email on the way with details, but wanted to post to the forum as well.

We’ll be doing two live sessions each day (Wed + Thurs): one technical conversation, free for everyone to watch; and one Talking the Code Q&A session just for Masters in Mechanics subscribers and Andy Wood interview purchasers.

All broadcasts will be streaming on the Cracking the Code Live Studio.

If you hit that page now, you’ll see the list of upcoming events. Add them to your calendar, then return to the Live Studio page at the scheduled time(s) to watch the events and ask questions. You’ll be able to submit a written question, and also indicate if you’d like to call in to ask it live on air.

The two workshops will focus on Andy’s technique — Wed. will be electric, and Thurs. acoustic. The “Talking the Code” Q&A sessions will give subscribers and interview purchasers some more time to ask Andy questions.

One thing we thought it might be cool to try — if you’d like to create a Technique Critique post on the Cracking the Code Forum, with footage of your playing for Andy / Troy to review, we’ll see if we might have time for live analysis of a few of these. (No promises but we’ll see if we have time!)

Looking forward to this! Hope many of you are able to tune in for at least one of these live sessions.

We will be recording and editing all this stuff as well. Not sure exactly what format it will ultimately take, but we plan to integrate the material from these live sessions into our Andy Wood products. If you miss these, we won’t have immediate live replay available, but stay tuned and we’ll get edited versions up as soon as we can.

10 Likes

Is that 7pm UK time @Brendan? With any luck I should be able to make one or two of these!

@Brendan it says I’ve hit Masters in Mechanics material for the 3pm tech workshop link also. Is it free for us to watch?

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion - that’s just the placeholder web page. The broadcast will happen in the Live Studio and we have that set to everyone who’s logged in.

1 Like

The afternoon ones are 3pm eastern (US) / 7pm UTC. The evening ones are 7pm eastern / 11pm UTC. Sorry if that isn’t super clear on the site! Should be disambiguated in the email though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah! No it’s quite clear, I’d just got so used to seeing GMT that I forgot UTC was a thing, apologies!
Should be able to make the first one! Look forward to it.

1 Like

@Brendan Ok, so a video screen will appear right where the big red “On Air” sign is now?

Yep right below that top “on air” image! Just updated the pages for these events to clarify, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ve never seen a live event here. That’s why all the questions. I got it now.

:bear:

1 Like

And we’re live! Sorry for a bit of setup delay but all looking good, go ahead and tune in!

https://troygrady.com/live/

1 Like

I’ve got plans tomorrow night after work and doubt this will still be running by the time I get out of PT tonight. Too bad, but just as well, I suppose - I STILL need to do my taxes. :rofl:

1 Like

Keep in mind we have another tonight, more Q&A focused one just for subscribers / interview purchasers. 7pm tonight (EDT) / 11pm UTC. And two more tomorrow same times. Hopefully you can make one of those. Plenty of time for taxes later… :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Cool! Are they going to be replayable or will they be gone forever after the broadcast?

Edit: my question was answered towards the end I believe :slight_smile: Thanks for the show!

1 Like

@Troy @Brendan Andy, and everyone in the studio. Great broadcast!

Awesome, have a good night!
:bear: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Hank! And everyone else who tuned in!

We’ll leave it up on Youtube for the time being, you should be able to rewatch. Eventually we’ll edit a more polished version w/ Magnet footage, trimming out any dead time etc., and get it up on the platform, and download products in some form. At some point we may take this orig uncut version down from YT…or leave it, not sure yet!

2 Likes

hey guys!
are we currently live now? not getting anything in the live studio

It’s another 50mins for 7pm EDT. It confused me earlier…

just remembered were on BST now :grin:

Great job as always, guys! I didn’t think I’d be able to see the broadcast since I was working but I was able to catch about a half hour of it.

1 Like

Yep we’ll be up again in half an hour or so. One cool thing to keep in mind — we have a live call-in feature, so you can indicate when you enter your question if you’d like a live video call (rather than text-only). So have your webcam ready if you want to try that! Particularly useful if you have a question where you’d want to actually play something / get feedback.

2 Likes