Guitar Holy Grail?

Mine is the GL 2T, or the Synthesizer version. I’d love that.

Tho looking on various websites it’s like four thousand dollars :open_mouth: Jesus…

You guys have any dream guitars?

3 Likes

For me it changes all the time :rofl:

That Steinberger with the synthesiser looks cool though…

1 Like

I have so many dream guitars it’s ridiculous. Lol. The Suhr Andy Wood Modern-T (two humbuckers + trem) is up there for sure (pardon the pun). Also the Ibanez Prestige (MIJ) Andy Timmons HSS is on my list, as is a Les Paul Standard 50s Goldtop with P-90s and a Gibson SG Standard 61. I could go on.

1 Like

Can you guys post pictures so I can see? :grin:

Processing: IMG_0755.webp…
IMG_0756

Not sure if this will work

2 Likes

I wish Ibanez would work something out with Epiphone so they could make an official Paul Gilbert Iba-Phone :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Or the old Vinnie Moore Ibanez VM1 would be cool

And I’m a big fan of Les Paul’s, Zappa’s LP Custom is one of my favourites

2 Likes

OO I love threads like this! It took me a long time, but I really fell in love with the EVH Wolfgang guitars; I actually owned a couple of the Peavey Wolfgangs way back when, and foolishly parted with them but that’s a different story.

I have two EVH Wolfgang Specials, and I love them. Total workhorses, easy to play and completely versatile. I love 'em, and actually they really interact with my pedalboard - which I spent the last 5 years throwing money at, trial and error’ing until I was happy - thankfully THAT is almost over and done with! Music is such a huge part of my life that it’s okay though! hahaha Now I just need to find the perfect amplifier… (bye bye money!)

Also Pictured is a Gretsch - didn’t cost me too much, and suprisingly a cool guitar to rock out on, plus it has this kind of retro look to it that I just love, like a '50’s diner or something. Cool.

I have other guitars, an Ibanez RG, an Ibanez Universe and a Malmsteen Strat, an ESP bass, A Peavey Raptor. A couple of acoustics, a mandolin and my violin and a lab steel. Oh and my drums! !$@#! I love drums… But the Wolfgangs really feel like home. I may splurge for one of the really expensive ones in the next few years, and I’ll probably trade of the Universe because while a 7 string is fun, I just could never feel like I connected to it… Like I grew an extra finger, but it just got in the way… hahaha

Anyways, thanks for letting me nerd out here…

My wife got all photo creative with the Gretsch and the Surf Green Wolfie, but y’all get the idea. My stuff.

4 Likes

I’m a lefty with a nickel allergy, and I don’t like 25.5" scale guitars, so I don’t like most guitars.

I’d probably say my dream guitar is a 24.75" scale super strat with a non-recessed floyd. I also like SG’s.

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t have ‘dream’ guitars per se. Too many times I’ve lusted after something, had the opportunity to play one and realized……”eh”.

Going on looks alone, a Gretsch Jupiter Thunderbird (aka the BillyBo) is one I’d like to test drive in the hope I’d fall in love…

Original Steinbergers (pre-Gibson buyout) have been out of production since 1987. Gibson screwed the brand over with lower quality.

I had a GR-4 from ‘89 or ‘90 (headless, Strat style body, passive pups and non-TransTrem). Compared to the originals, it was a steaming pile of crap……but man did it ever look cool.

The Trans-Trem was a marvel, but requires precision-made components.

Your list for an original is justified. Those things are badass.

I wish Line 6 would release a next-gen version of their Variax guitars. As someone who is firmly in the Helix ecosystem and does a lot of home recording, that’d be my dream. Alas, the current Variax guitars are lacking.

Ibanez Chromeboy. Any version. Been the dream since the 90s.

Vai’s FTLoG guitar. Been obsessed since the video and had the Guitar World (I think) centerfold on my wall until I moved out of my mom’s place.

Les Claypool’s Carl Thompson bass. I don’t even play bass lol

I think of all of the signature models out now, Govan’s seems amazing and I think I’d love Petrucci’s EBMM but I’ve never seen either in real life.

1 Like

Ed Roman guitars used to do a custom EBMM Van Halen clone with a TransTrem, nicknamed “Edberger.”

I like the idea of the Floyd equipped James Tyler Variax, but 1) it appears to be out of production now, and 2) the pickups are sitting in a slightly raised wooden ridge in the middle of the guitar face instead of a nice smooth face.

1 Like

Well since no one has claimed the “TelySevalas” RG from Gilb’s first Intense Rock vid it’s up to me! Just awesome, regular dots and matching pickguard. I’ve never been able to figure out if there’s a name for the color, looks different in every photo. I’m guessing it’s a pearl finish that looks really different in different light.

Apparently PG had it in pieces for years and gave it to a friend in return for organizing his emails of all things, wonder if it was ever restored. I’m working on painting an RG in metalflake, if that works out who knows . . . might get ambitious and make a replica from an old RG.

[EDIT] Near as I can tell the guitar disappeared, it was owned by someone named Chad Dyers back in 2003 and even photos from then are dead links now. BTW I’m convinced the guitar in my head never existed, it was hot-pink and the deep burgundy I remember was the result of the synthwave-style lighting in the studio. Ah, well.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted one of those Parker fly guitars. Sadly they are not made anymore 🫤

Some part of me still wants the Mattias Eklundh Caparison sig model, even though I’m past my 8 string phase. The 6K price tag also helps curb the urge.

From my collection- a 52 Gold Top. I’m probably a better collector than player. It sounds awesome

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous!! I’m insanely envious!