Has anyone here had a Skype lesson with Teemu?

I was watching the Teemu Masters in Mechanics interview and I thought it would be cool to take a lesson with him over Skype.

I’m wondering if anyone here has taken a lesson with Teemu and, if so, what did you discuss?

Does he have set things he likes to teach or can you ask him about stuff and he will show you?

Does he provide tablature for the lesson? Say you want to learn alternate picking sequences, does he give you tabs for this?

Also does he allow screen recording of the lesson?

Following, because next year I want to have a full time schedule with him through Skype.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I saw a thread were someone talked about having done that. Maybe @Hanky_Pooh ?

You could also try sending a polite email to Teemu with your questions about how his lessons work. What’s the worst that could happen? Also, from the last CTC chat with Teemu, he might still be wrapping up “touring season”, so factor that in if you don’t hear back from him right away.

Hey @aliendough I took one Skype lesson with him. It’s roughly $60 for 45mins(he’ll go over a little). He will discuss anything you want to talk about. So maybe make a list of everything you want to ask. Which in my case was entirely picking technique. From how he and many other alternate pickers hold the pick, approach angle/lean (hard to see in videos), 3 note per string alt picking. I picked up some things that aren’t obvious from watching the videos here. But after talking to him I notice them. He looked at my playing and gave me some recommendations that would improve my alternate picking. I incorporate them sometimes. When I want a more aggressive sound.

I didn’t ask for any tabs, we both know the fingerboard :sunglasses: Tabs were not on the screen. Maybe he can send them?

I recorded our session. I didn’t ask, didn’t tell. I am not sharing it anywhere though. That might not be cool.

A tip on emailing him… you are more likely to get a response if you are ready to book the lesson. He doesn’t answer a lot question emails. If he is on tour, he is pretty active on Instagram. But again, he isn’t a chatter. He will read the PM’s. Good luck :grinning:

Have fun jamming man
:bear::+1:

3 Likes

Cool! Thanks Hank. I wanted to get an idea before I emailed him so I don’t waste his time. Thanks again buddy.

1 Like

Is Teemu’s contact information on the forum? I want to book some Skype lessons if he’s still doing that.

His Instagram page had this link. You can book lessons from here: https://www.teemumantysaari.com/lessons/skype-lessons

2 Likes

Awesome …I appreciate the info!

1 Like