Livestream announcements from Forum members

I use Voicemeeter and Voxengo Recorder (a DAW plugin) to stream audio to Discord. It works quite well for me.

Voicemeeter Banana allows you to mix different inputs and stream them as a single output, which means that once you’ve got it set up all you have to do is select the “input device” that Voicemeeter provides and folks can hear both your voice and your guitar “amp.” Tommo, this might be an easy way to sort out your audio issues?

1 Like

Thanks both! I just tried again a short private YT stream using Loopback (same principle as Banana by the sound of it), and when I played it back the amp sound was there.

So I’m not sure what happened yesterday! I may have selected the wrong capture device at the beginning. Once the stream starts I have the impression you can’t change input devices anymore - which is pretty annoying!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, hadn’t heard of Recorder.

Yeah, I used to stream for my work’s Twitch account and that’s how Banana basically works. I had some invisible routing reset issues that occured every time the computer was restarted, and at first I had difficulties wrapping my head around how it wants you to do the routing. But it can get the work done.

The nice thing about using OBS is that pretty much every single configuration you can think of is supported and probably already figured out.

Using my focusrite 2i2 and OBS I was able to get my guitar > amp > focusrite > OBS and mic > focusrite > OBS setup in a few clicks.

This obviously is assuming you’ve got some sort of single device that supplies at least 2 inputs. However there are plenty of options if you’ve only got your amp hooked up to your PC and would need to communicate via headset or webcam mic. You can stream multiple audio sources.

And yeah I’d second the Twitch thing, with the only caveat being that music play during broadcasts is… ‘in a delicate state of affairs’ right now due to copyright litigation etc etc so, your/our mileage may vary with that using Twitch as the platform. Just something to keep in mind. I’m not sure how sensitive they’d be to me playing 10 second snippets of whatever (poorly) for 30mins lol

I’ll be on in 30 minutes I think (must shower first). I’ll be warming up, 3nps scales, Erotomania, maybe Shawn Lane stuff.

I’ll be typing in what I’m doing so future people (lol) can jump to those sections, so make sure you turn on the live chat feature.

Tuned in now

20charlimit

I’ve pondered this a bit. Streams are good for their flexibility, but as ref material they’re blah. If the presenter were willing to do a bit more work, perhaps he/she could film a short summary when the stream is done to cherry-pick and demonstrate the “best” bits, and then post that as a separate thing referencing the original stream.

1 Like

Ah feck, did I miss it?

It’s still live I think so… no?

You need to load Youtube proper otherwise it won’t load the page.

still live! I’m in here with some dudes! Yeah you need to go to youtube proper to see it I think.

Is @tommo’s stream happening tonight?

Hey sorry yes I’ll try to set it up in a sec :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok here is the link - let’s see if the amp sound works:

2 Likes

Thank you for the stream @tommo!

2 Likes

sounds good to me, i’m a sucker for the combination of actual picked notes and amp tone

2 Likes

Same here, love that.

2 Likes

Ohhhh it’s not live, I was trying to talk to @tommo lmao. Sounds good!

3 Likes

lmfao

20charrssdsdasd

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Semi - improvised lesson on symmetric shapes for shred practice - feedback welcome!