Random Picks. Pick pics

Anyone wana show off random picks they got? I like looking at peoples collections.

bad lighting sorry, its night.

1 Like

You guy not have any favorite Picks?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/EBujHZokOa4

1 Like

I tend to just obsess over certain types of picks for several years at a time, so I don’t have an entertaining variety on hand (maybe if I go through some old cases). I used Ultex Sharp for a long time, but 1.14mm… then Big Stubby in 2mm, then Ultex Flow 1.5mm, and currently Tortex Flow 1mm. The Flow’s shape is pretty perfect for me.

I’ll dig around tomorrow and see if I can find anything interesting.

1 Like

I’ve never used a flow pick, if you can make a vid be cool :slightly_smiling_face:

Been digging the flow for a bit now! Over a year or two? The smallest one, .73mm.

I also use a Dunlop Flow, usually at 2mm Ultex, but I have some other sizes and materials (they also use Delrin and Tortex). @WhammyStarScream might consider the variety pack. But it’s not really the most impressive pick that I’ve used; that one likely is this, Pickboy carbon nylon reefer pick, where it seems to have carbon fiber reinforcing the nylon, making it very stiff and thin. (This Jazz III might be similar.)

1 Like

Next picks I buy will be that variety pack. N willkeep the carbon in mind

I’ve been using the BlueChip TD 40 and TD 45, I have one of each, they’re expensive for me, but it’s amazing how you never loose a pick when you know it costs a certain amount.

Question is: But are they worth it?

Damn right yes, for one the tone is remarkably superior, I don’t want to get into explaining it but I really love it, the most I can say it has a clarity that is well balanced.

The other thing is it’s seems to last forever, I’ve been using them for a year, I can’t see any wear. And they are stiff, even the thinner one, I don’t like flex in my picks.

I’d definitely buy more for fear of losing them. I play at home so they’re kinda safe for the most part.

I like that’s it’s quality over quantity, I was a skeptic before this, the first pick I got from them was a thumb pick, I soon realised their material sounded superior to all my other “reasonably” priced picks, and it wasn’t a trivial difference, so I started playing with that all the time, even when not “thumb picking”. I was convinced enough to buy one finally, the 40 arrived, used that for 6 months then I thought I’d need a thicker one, 45 arrived, they’re both awesome, the 45 is slightly warmer but it’s a damn good tone.

The material also glides over the string differently, there’s a certain hardness this stuff has, it’s super smooth with minimal plunk ( initial contact ) and yet tracks with perfect friction, just remarkable.

I understand by now the reader must think I’m off my rockers. But this is really how I feel about it, I hide them when my buddies come over, no Eddie pick scraping on these for sure, bags of picks for al that stuff.

1 Like

1 Like

man they look gorgeous is that from the pack?
The left flows.

No, probably random packs at Guitar Center. The sample pack is all Ultex. The rightmost bottle is the 2.0mm, my “standard.” (I have no idea why I chose 2.0mm, it was random.)

Supposedly DuPont Vespel? But hobbyists try to make their own.