Talking The Code Saturday 30th December

I got an email about the upcoming seminar this morning, but I can’t find anything on the site about it. I want to post the info on another forum I’m a regular on and it would be good if I could post a direct url.

Maybe I’m missing it? :no_mouth:

I got email stating its on Saturday the 29th - but the 29th is a Friday. Do we know which is correct?
@Troy @Brendan

I hadn’t spotted the date problem! Yes would like to confirm that. But can make either so very much looking forward to it. Should be an interesting one for sure.

Ugh - 30th! Will update

2 Likes

That’s weird, the email I got didn’t that date problem.

Weird, my email looks a bit different. There must have been two drafts.

I’ll drive to Brooklyn and hang out for the broadcast. Then I’ll stick around at Kat’s house for the ball drop.

<Did I tell you guys I have a wild imagination?>
:bear:

I see what happened here. We sent one to subscribers and one to non-subscribers. The subscribers one has the typo. We’ll re-send a correction!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback here and the heads up on the date error. To clarify yes we sent two versions of the announcement email (one for current subscribers; one for…future subscribers :wink: ) and seems the typo on the date only cropped up in one of those.

@aliendough to address your original question, the event will be live here: Live Studio – Cracking the Code

Right now you can find the event details on a linked page there under “upcoming events”. The way we have things set up, each event has its own page where it will live before / after the event takes place — but for simplicity during the event itself it will always be streaming right on the main /live page.

Main thing to let any friends know would just be that they’ll have to sign up for paid membership to watch and probably want to do that ahead of time. But once signed in just head to Live Studio – Cracking the Code to tune in!

If you have any other feedback / questions please let us know. This is our first live broadcast on the new site and I’m sure we’ll find some tweaks / improvements to make with our setup as we go!

2 Likes

On the homepage, you’ll now see an “Upcoming Events” section. The same section appears on the Live Studio page as well. Nobody is in the habit of looking there yet because it’s new, so that’s understandable!

When the event is live, the Live Studio page itself will show the video stream and the new interactive questions interface.

When you enter a question during the broadcast, you can click the “Request call” link, and when we get to answering it, time permitting, we’ll show you a link you can click to pop open a Skype-style chat window right in your browser. Again, time permitting. This is something we can activate or not from our side, but it’ll be cool to do a few of these.

2 Likes

Thanks @Brendan and @Troy. This sounds cool! I hope to see you all there.

Just to clarify - can non-subscribers watch this too?

This one’s for subscribers. I’m sure we’ll do public events as well but this one is just for you guys. We’re trying to figure out the balance that rewards everyone for supporting us while still getting the word out a little wider.

3 Likes

Cool - thanks again for the infos.

Glad we cleared up the date, should be good for me! Plus you’ve timed it nicely so it’s not in the middle of the night UK time! See you Saturday!

1 Like

Looking forward to it! It will be a lot of fun!

1 Like

7pm for us UK guys, right?

Hi all,

I will be traveling at that time. I hope there will be a recording available on the website! :frowning:

1 Like

Yep! 7pm! (20 characters!)

1 Like

Wicked, I should be able to tune in. That’ll be 11am for us Pacific folk

1 Like

So I’m trying to watch the seminar at https://troygrady.com/live/recently-completed-events/introduction-to-picking-motion/ and I’m not seeing a video on that page. I’m thinking that I’m impatient, but I see the timecodes for questions on there so maybe there should be a video?