Unbelievable Anton Oparin!

Did you even visit your schools library? I mean you get access to so many different outlets at a school. Don’t even try to compare this one guys resource to a college. Are you serious?

Werent you the guy that was saying apples and oranges kinda thing?

More like a fish compared to an ocean.

I am just not seeing anyone play as good besides the guy advertising a car payment for access to a program where I see nothing that entices me at all.

If it was so amazing we all would be Paul Gilbert, but I imagine I could go find some of the best covers on YouTube, and ask them in the comments if this guy taught them. Haha dont make me laugh. Get a grip.

As an individual running an online school, I’m going to ask you all to please think twice before calling something a “scam”. If you’ve used the service and felt that there was some type of deception going on where it was billed as one thing but ended up being another, then perhaps.

But if you signed up and simply didn’t like it, or you didn’t sign up at all, then please stop calling this a “scam”. Personally, I haven’t signed up for Anton’s school but I have traded the occasional email with him, as well as at least a couple other people on here who have used the school. It appears to be a legitimate business and as of my last email with him he was definitely involved in running it.

As far as offering only a yearly option, Scott’s Bass Lessons either used to do this or perhaps still does. If you’ve watched any of Scott’s videos, what you see there is pretty much exactly what you get. He is a super nice dude and very far from a scammer. In his opinion there just wasn’t much point to nickel-and-diming people for a month here and there. It just adds to the overhead of managing all the signups, cancels, and inevitable customer service interaction. Yes, you’ll lose a few customers but this is a choice to get a certain kind of customer, and there are lots of reasons why you might elect to go this way as an instructional site owner — especially if you are small. It’s all about the business and the people running it.

Coincidentally, I just filled out a USPS mail fraud report today about an actual scam ( https://mr.fluffyfriend.com ), who took my credit card purchase for a comfortable-looking cat bed and never delivered anything. Customer service responded with a fake tracking number and everything. Should have checked reviews before typing my details into a tiny mom-and-pop site. You can be lulled into a sense of complacency on the internet. It was a healthy reminder.

3 Likes

The deception lies in what the guy in the video was claiming.

But like I said I dont care to watch it again or analyze it a second time.

Which video are you speaking about, a video Anton made, or someone else? If somebody is making claims about the service and it’s not Anton himself, then it’s just some dude saying things on the internet. You can’t get too worked up about that. If I had a nickel for everyone on a forum somewhere saying things about our teaching that simply weren’t accurate. Hell, people even come here and say inaccurate things about our teaching. When it’s willfull and related to self-promotion, I will ban, but this is our forum and I can do that. The rest of the world, I can’t control that so take everything with a grain of salt.

He specifically bashes Paul Gilberts program if I remember correctly, then makes claims Anton is the only virtuoso, or something to that nature. I had to stop it was making me laugh.

That sounds like guitar internet. Again, business owner making deceptive claims or bashing us / others, maybe we do something about it. Rando on the internet, welcome to the 21st century.

1 Like

Like I hate being rude to JoeBegly, not really trying to, but sometimes its best to call guys out. I just dont want people to get played. If he is a good guy lets see it, but from what his students are saying, and how his online website looks, it looks and sounds shady.

I’m a wordy guy, trying to do better. That sums up the entire intent of my post, many thanks!

Watch this new vid of Anton on picking technique where he goes into details of muscle movement and showing the limitations of well known players using their technique compared to his.

At first I was like: Wtf! How can you say that for instance Guthrie Govan has sync problems playing faster stuff!
But when he shows examples and then plays anything those players do with his technique sounding better then the original I have to admit he is right.
He also shows he can play all the stuff with their technique, sounding exactly the same. But when using his technique it just is more accurate.

So, his claim that there is a universal technique (his way) seems to be proven here.
He really can play anything with his picking technique at the highest level possible.

It is a long 2 hour vid but you have watch it completely to understand and give an opinion.

5 Likes

If I only had all of Guthrie’s flaws

Tell you what, I’d settle for half of them

2 Likes

You only watched 4 minutes how can you make any constructive comment then?

He shows, not only talks, how things of what he thinks are great players sometimes can be played even more accurate using his technique. You can hear and see it.for yourself if you watch the whole thing.
It is all just about using the right technique to be able to play anything without limitations and without sync problems or getting fatigue.

If he was only talking I also would give this a big thumb down, but he shows it.

It does not take away anything of the musicality of a player like Guthrie, that guy is insane and one of my favorit players ever!
But his picking technique abviously has it’s limitations compared to Anton’s.

4 Likes

If you don’t agree with him after presenting your own rebuttals, fine, but do present them. Also, if you don’t agree with the way he is presenting the arguments, that’s another story, but outside the realm of logic and truth, that’s just your subjective opinion of him. All I’m hearing is speculation, ad hominems, and giving him hell for the way he decides to charge tuition, because god forbid guitarists even dare to make money. Isn’t CTC the place to exchange ideas, debate, and learn ? Censoring ideas that go against you preexisting beliefs defeats that purpose. Also extremely intellectually dishonest flagging of Andyjoy’s post… And before any of you crack the big mystery, yes I am a burner account (actually a canadian student of his) , notice how that’s still not an argument … Disagreement is fine, but present arguments, don’t just complain that his course charges yearly tuition, we can all decide how to spend our money…

4 Likes

How long did it take to show you the technique?

I picked up gypsy rest stroke in less than a month.

Look here is some nice content to help develop the rest stroke and half rest stroke. Having to pay a yearly subscription to show you something so simple is so silly. But you can try to pawn off a high price on something anyone could really develop themselves after seeing some of Troy Grady’s videos on the many different approaches to picking.

Also, if you’re content with your technique, that’s fine, I genuinely mean it. Not everyone wants to play with Anton’s technique. But why criticize Anton for making the argument that universal picking technique exists and give hell to those who are interested in it ? No one is making the claim that everyone should play like Anton, not even Anton himself…

2 Likes

IDK, you are slandering him pretty bad in your above replies. Also I will leave it, I’m happy with his lessons. I genuinely appreciate your concern, but Anton is legit, Troy seems to think so, as well as most of his students.

4 Likes

Let’s say there is some athlete that found a certain way/technique which allows athletes to run faster without using too much energie and getting injured to quick. Then he shows the world how he does it and that it works.
Then everybody would say wow, this is amazing and is the way young athletes should be teached!

Anton shows us how he can pull off the most difficult picking stuff there is without any problems whatsoever.
If you have ears and eyes you can hear and see for yourself.
Wha more is there to say…?

3 Likes

Just look in the forum section.
I was here long before I knew Anton.
Even was a paid member for some time and posted some vids.
So again you are drawing wrong conclusions!

4 Likes

I’m about an hour into the video where he just finished analyzing Guthrie. Trying to be as unbiased as possible here. I think Anton’s technique is freaken awesome, I just don’t know if he’s giving me enough taste to have me spend all the money on it. I notice in the YouTube video description box he’s now offering some cheaper more specific alternatives so maybe I’ll indulge just to see. He does mention at some point that going fast right from the beginning is not good (don’t remember how he specifically phrases that statement) and he also says that playing slow vs fast should be the same motions. Also, he shows a video of a student having better synchronization than Guthrie but it seemed like the students hand sync was in fact a little off at times, idk might have to watch that part again. Maybe some of his students can chip in here. Are his materials really some ideas that jumped out at you or is it stuff that’s been Taught before and can probably be found elsewhere? Either way he’s a solid player

3 Likes