Who would you like to see interviewed next by Troy and the team?

Dweezil would be great, he has amazing economy picking technique.

Derryl Gabel is another guy who plays some monstrous covers of Allan a Holdsworth, Frank Gambale, and some others.

I’d really enjoy Brett Garsed to see some of his hybrid picking and how he thinks about creating melodies over the fusion changes he plays over.

Jens Larsen would also be great: be can alternate pick anything!

1 Like

In no particular order:

Buckethead
Zakk Wylde
Blues Saraceno
Buckethead
Brent Hinds
Buckethead
Nick Johnston
Buckethead
Russ Parish
Nuno Bettencourt
Buckethead

2 Likes

Jake Workman please! Let’s break down some bluegrass DSX playing!

Steve Vai!
Sorry I had to mention him. He’s a living legend.

Can’t believe I haven’t said Emil Werstler

4 Likes

Prodigy Anton Oparin.

Steel guitar or scruggs style banjo players that use a thumb pick and fingerpicks. I suggest Travis Toy of Rascal Flatts or Paul Franklin.

Paul Gilbert!
Tosin Abasi
Marshall Harrison
Rick Graham
Jason Richardson
Andy James

3 Likes

NUNO!!!
Hands down the guy I want to see interviewed.

2 Likes

Matteo Mancuso, I am in awe of his technique

2 Likes

Paul Ryan from Origin

Guthrie Govan
Jarle H Olsen
Stephen Taranto
Andy James
John Browne
Jason Richardson
Claudio Pietronik
Daniele Gotardo
Sergey Golovin
Michael Romeo
Tosin Abasi

1 Like

I’d be interested as well. In fact, I’d be interested in seeing a Masters Of Mechanics interview with just about anyone who has also reached the heights Vai has. He’s played with Whitesnake. He’s played for David Lee Roth, along with Billy Sheehan on a great album!

Does anyone here know if Vai’s injury to his picking hand has healed? Apparently something which severely limited his picking technique happened while he was in the hospital.

So yeah, anyone like Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen, Gilbert, DiMeola, McLaughlin - guys who have made it to the top in their respective genres would be of interest.

I keep saying it get jake on! :grin::grin:

interview/lessons with Jason Richardson would be awesome!

1 Like

This post I’m replying to is a year and a half old so I’m wondering, have you contacted John McLaughlin again now that you have released material showing in detail how different techniques work? if so, what did he say?

Rusty Cooley is in this category. There are a couple very short clips of him you’ve released, but in the ten years or whatever it has been since you interviewed him, could you give us an approximation of how close you are to having finished editing his interview so that you can release it for the people who have been waiting for it for so long?

Nuno Bettencourt :slight_smile:

I would like to see some thrash, black, and death metal guitarists interviewed. And I would be more interested in their riffing than I would their lead playing but hey I’ll take that too…

1 Like

I’ll second Ihsahn…

2 Likes