Im feeling discouraged

I’ve been struggling with a harsh tone when picking, even when I try to play lightly. I’d really appreciate some brutally honest feedback on this.

Could you tell me how my DSX picking actually sounds in this Aldemirov/Aldeshiro-style phrase? I’m especially interested in the pick attack, harshness, evenness, and overall sound — not just whether I’m playing the notes correctly.

If the tone sounds bad, scratchy, harsh, or overly aggressive, please tell me directly. I don’t need encouragement; I’d rather know exactly what sounds wrong so I can work on it.

It doesn’t sound scratchy or harsh, it sounds dull if anything. It’s quite hard to tell as we’re just hearing the unplugged/acoustic sound.

I think you are potentially conflating a lack of speed and fluidity with a sound issue.

Don’t be disocuraged, this sounds promosing to me, and everyone has to start somewhere!

Just keep at it and try some different speeds :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do i get rid of dull sound?