In memory of Adam Przeździecki

Hi everyone.

We discovered the terrible news that our fellow Forum member Adam Przeździecki passed away at the end of 2022.

Many of us only had the opportunity to meet Adam through this Forum, but I think we can all agree that Adam was an outstanding musician, a first-class music educator, and a super nice guy on top of that.

There is not much that can be said in a tragic event like this, but I would like to pay a small tribute to Adam by showing you some excerpts from his prolific musical career, as well as some of the knowledge that he generously shared with us.

What better place to start than a collection of face-melting (yet incredibly musical) solos

On the teaching side, I highly recommend Adam’s lesson on playing “Eric Johnson pentatonics” with a Downstroke Escape Motion:

EDIT: as an addition here’s a thread with some brilliant single-escape etudes that Adam composed

Goodbye Adam, we will miss you.

PS: I decided to post this in Masters in Mechanics, because he was certainly one of them!

20 Likes

Easily one of the best DSX motions we seen here (or anywhere for that matter). AND even went on to learn a first rate USX motion. I remember a cover of Far Beyond the Sun he posted that was before he even “knew” anything about all the amazing escape motion stuff Troy’s discovered that brought us all here.

What a beast!

And yes, super nice (and funny!) guy as well. Very sad news indeed.

1 Like

Oh wow this is very sad :frowning:

I’m very sorry to hear this. RIP Adam.

Sorry to hear about this, sad indeed!

1 Like

Very sorry to hear this news. Rest in peace Adam

Oh no!!! This is horrible news! Adam was a great guy and probably my favourite player on the forum. I was always in awe of his super musical and effortless playing. So sad to hear that he is gone! He didn’t get very old.

This is very sad news, I’m very sorry to hear it. I always enjoyed Adam’s playing and his contributions here.

Very, very sad. Amazing guitarist. I remember talking to him about his incredible usx run he posted here that was inspiring. RIP Adam.

That’s terrible! What happened?

Man, this sucks, I’m sorry to hear it. Wasn’t he also the guy who created the DSX etude posted a few months ago?

1 Like

Yes it was. Young guy! what a shame.

Prayers for family and friends.

Oh no I am so sorry to Adam’s family and friends, he has been very helpful to me on this forum.

That’s terrible news Adam was a great guitar player and a valuable member of our community. Love and strength to his friends and family.

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the nice messages and tributes to Adam.

I know that a lot of you (myself included actually) would like to know more about what happened. However, as far as I know, only Adam’s family and close friends have more information.

Out of respect, I decided that it would be better to leave it at that.

Looking again at my thread, I think the two videos I initially posted do not even scratch the surface of Adam’s contributions to this forum (and more generally guitar and music). Therefore, I added a further link to a thread that Adam created not so long ago, containing some brilliant single-escape etudes.

9 Likes