The Magnet - now on Kickstarter!

Nothing really to report here — the factory is still making the “tool” (i.e. molds) which is a super technical process that they do on their own. Once they have that, they will run a few test units so we can fine tune tolerances, but that won’t happen until the end of October.

The original ballpark of the end of the year hasn’t changed. Thankfully the pandemic hasn’t impacted this so far as we can tell, although if anything changes we’ll let everyone know. We’ll probably send an update when we have test units to show. Otherwise, it’s mainly a bunch of waiting!

1 Like

waits patiently :wink:

“Body is too short”

Just spoke to our designer / factory liaison and it looks like we may actually be a month later than we projected, so early 2021 at this point. Here’s a more detailed description of how the injection molding process works and where we’re at:

We don’t really have a whole lot to do in the manufacturing process except wait around until stuff gets done, so apologies from us for the extra wait time. On the flip side everything seems to be working fine, albeit a month or so slower than we projected. We’re getting there.

Ugh, great. Now I’ll never be able to pick fast.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. Considering how Covid has messed up everything else, a month delay ain’t bad at all!

2 Likes

Is it too early to provide address changes?

We actually haven’t collected addresses yet at all! We’ve been waiting to send that out as we get closer, just so we know we have the latest addresses.

1 Like

Awesome – thanks Troy!

Are you going to make it available for purchase from the website?

Thanks, @tommo !! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks for the update, @Troy ! Looking forward to the Magnet. I think the forum will explode with video uploads asking for critiques and it should help drive traffic to the site and,hopefully, even bring in new members. I tried filming my picking for critique, but without something like the Magnet, I only have one free hand so it’s very limiting. Keeping my fingers crossed that production stays on schedule.

@tommo @Troy

Hi guys, any updates on the Magnet :magnet: delivery dates? Getting excited as it moves closer to 2021.

Thanks

:rofl: Well played, haha.

1 Like

Here’s our latest:

4 Likes

Perfect thanks for the detailed update. As always a great site with a team that care :+1: Have a great Christmas when it comes!

The funny thing is after the last update, I was thinking my picking will probably have improved to the point I won’t need the magnet by October! Haha boy was I over optimistic :rofl::rofl::rofl: Still in need of a magnet or a miracle! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Is it too late to preorder a magnet? I didn’t see a link on the Kickstarter page.

1 Like

Same for me… i NEED one !

What is the process ?

I would love to have THE MAGNET but can’t figure out how to place a bid.

This is absolutely ridiculous! I paid a donation! I was relying purely on the magnet to make me an awesome guitar player. I could have been practicing all this time!!
Instead I’ve been drinking beer, eating varied flavored Doritos and Pringles, just waiting for my magnet to make me awesome. Who knows how long it will take now for me to be amazing?! Maybe years or never!! The hot Doritos are not good by the way!

1 Like